7 easy steps to booking a wedding band
Choosing and booking your wedding band is a relatively straightforward process, especially when you are hiring a professional ba such as Down for the Count. Here’s how to book our band for your wedding.
1. Check our availability
The first step is to check our availability - you can fill out our booking form, email us, call band manager Mike on 07855 488 462, or if we're online you can click on the little green button at the bottom of the page.
We respond to 90% of enquiries received during working hours within 4 hours, and 98% of enquiries within 24 hours - clients very rarely have to wait longer than that to receive a quote from us.
At the same time that you enquire, you might like to request a Demo CD, choose a date to come and see us perform live or suggest a time we can meet for coffee to discuss your event - however most clients book without doing any of these three things.
2. Decide which line-up(s) to go for
Once you've received our quote, you can decide which line-ups to go for.
Our most popular wedding band line-up is the Swing and Soul Band; but you might like to consider adding music for your wedding ceremony, or background jazz music for your drinks reception to make a totally bespoke entertainment package for your wedding day.
3. Read the articles on our website
Before you confirm a booking with us or any other wedding band, we recommend you read our three articles on noise limiters, venue considerations and our party planning tips to make the most of our extensive experience performing at weddings.
4. Secure the booking
When you've decided you would like to book, we will issue a contract within 24 hours and raise an invoice for the 20% retainer fee. This paperwork needs to be signed, and the retainer fee paid, within 7 days to secure the date and confirm your booking.
5. Before the day: keep planning!
Once you've booked your wedding band, we are always just a phone call away - and are happy to answer any questions you may have.
You might like our help when planning your first dance or making some song requests - or you can ask us any questions you may have about the band's performance at your wedding. We pride ourselves on great customer service and attention to detail, and want to make sure the entertainment is absolutely perfect for your special day.
We also ask you to settle the final balance 10 days before the event.
6. On the day: relax and enjoy your wedding!
We've performed at hundreds of weddings over the past 12 years, and know how to make sure everything goes smoothly on the day.
When we arrive at your venue, the band co-ordinator will introduce themselves to the venue staff (and you, when it's an appropriate moment to do so). We'll check everyone is happy with the arrangements and then quietly proceed with the set up and soundcheck, causing the least disruption possible.
All you need to do is relax, enjoy your wedding, and leave it to us to deliver top-class entertainment that your guests will remember for years.
7. After the day: keep in touch
We love hearing from clients after our wedding - whether you have feedback, or want to share your wedding photos with us. We also love catching up with previous clients at our live events, and they often end up hiring us again and again.
Why you can book Down for the Count with confidence
We know that booking a live band for your wedding is a big investment and you want to make sure you are making the right choice.
Here are just five reasons you can book Down for the Count with confidence for your special day.
- Excellent customer service - we put your requests at the centre of everything we do, to make sure you get the perfect entertainment for your special day.
- Attention to detail - we go out of our way to make sure every aspect of our service and the band's performance on the day is perfect.
- Repeat clients - we are proud that over two thirds of our bookings are from repeat clients (or people who have seen us perform at other events). Clients are happy to book us again and again because of the top quality service we provide.
- Regular public performances - we regularly perform at public events, meaning you can meet us before confirming a booking.
- Our great reputation - we have performed at nearly 1000 events in the past 12 years and have never missed a single booking. As one of the longest-established swing and function bands on the scene today, you can be rest assured that you're in safe hands when you book Down for the Count. If you still need reassurance, take a look at our reviews and let us know if you want to speak to any previous clients directly.
If there's anything else you'd like to know about booking a wedding band, you can email us or call band manager Mike on 07855 488 462. We'd love to hear from you!