Wedding videos: create a spectacular soundtrack
Down for the Count are now offering a brand new wedding video service.
If you are having a wedding video, speak to us about making a professional multi-track recording of our performance at your event, which can be used to make your wedding video more personal and create more special memories of your day.
Check out these videos from a recent Buckinghamshire wedding, filmed by 3 Strands Media. Grace and her team captured every moment of Austin and Amanda's special day, and afterwards added professional recordings of our performance as the soundtrack:
Here's how it works!
- We set up our function band in the normal way, with the addition of some audience microphones to capture the ambient sound.
- We perform exactly as usual - and you and your guests have an excellent time!
- We take a multitrack recording of our live performance. Whilst we're playing, a hard drive is recording every live instrument individually via our digital mixing desk.
- After the wedding, we get in touch with you to discuss which songs from our performance you'd like as the soundtrack. Many couples choose to have a live recording of their first dance, and then select a few more songs from the rest of our set.
- If you are booking our wedding ceremony musicians or jazz bands, we can also professionally record their performances for different parts of the video.
- We then professionally mix and master the selected tracks, creating a fantastic soundtrack for your wedding video. The sound quality is much better than the ambient sound from the cameras, as each instrument is captured individually by dedicated, top-quality microphones. To hear what the live recordings sound like, just listen to the videos on this page!
- During the mixing and mastering process, we liaise with your wedding videographer to make sure the tracks are the right length for the video, sending our work back and forth with them until we have a fantastic, professional product to show you.
The recording on the day is made completely independently of your wedding videographer - they don't need to worry about a thing, and can just concentrate on capturing the footage of your special day. Most videographers will then edit the videos to our tracks - generally we need about two weeks from the time you've chosen the songs to prepare the audio files for the videographer.
Although your videographer has nothing to worry about on the day, we do recommend that you put us in touch with your videographer early on so we can plan out everything carefully.
If you need some recommendations for videographers, just get in touch!
Not sure what difference our professional live recordings will make? Ask Austin and Amanda, whose wedding videos (with our soundtrack) you can hear on this page:
"We are very grateful for the music you provided for our wedding video. The live recordings have made the videos so personal and bring back the best memories of the day."
How do I book?
If you're interested in this service, talk to us in advance. You don't need to decide whether or not you want this service at the time of booking, but we do need plenty of notice to make the necessary arrangements.
The fees vary depending on how much audio you'd like, so please get in touch with us to discuss the options.
Please note that this service may not be available if you are booking our smaller line-ups (7-piece and below).
If you'd like to know more about our wedding video services, just email us or call Mike on 07855 488 462.